These cookies are special. They’re chewy goodness… as my husband, David, says, “it’s tongue slap your brain good!” You see, he’s been on a quest to find the THE perfect chocolate chip cookie… and if you like chewy chocolate chip cookies, this is it! When he eats these, he has a ritual – he puts a hand to his ear as if he’s trying to hear something – and he says, “Sshh… I think I hear something… I hear angels sing!”
I have to admit, after years of experimenting and trying and baking different chocolate chip cookie recipes, these are by far the best I’ve ever had. Give this recipe a try. You’ll be glad you did!
This recipe is easy and pretty straight forward. Here’s some quick tips before getting started:
I like to use parchment paper instead of non-stick cooking spray. It’s less chemicals and so much easier to clean up!
Sea salt or table salt can be substituted for the Himalayan pink salt.
- 2 ½ cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon (5.75g)baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoon (7.11g) salt
- 2 sticks (1/2 lb.) (226g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ Tablespoon (6.3g) pure vanilla extract (not imitation)
- 1 cup (198g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (213g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (175g) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (175g) dark chocolate chips
- Himalayan pink salt or sea salt for “dusting”
- Position rack to lower third of oven and preheat to 350℉ (176℃). Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, vanilla and both sugars until light and fluffy (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Add both eggs and mix for approximately 45 seconds – eggs will not be fully blended.
- For this next step, mix on low speed and slowly add flour mixture – approximately ½ cup (64g) at a time. When fully incorporated, stir in chocolate chips.
- Space a heaping tablespoon of dough approximately two inches apart, as the dough will spread while baking.
- Sprinkle the salt (just a pinch) on each heap of dough and bake for approximately 9 minutes.
- Rotate cookie sheet half-way through bake time to ensure cookies are baked evenly.
- The cookies will be golden on the edges and appear to be lighter in the center. Let cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container for up to three days.
The dusting of salt added just prior to baking really compliments the sweetness of the cookie.